The Carolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans are expected to pursue Miami Dolphins safety Jevón Holland when the free agency market opens next week, according to NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe.
While Wolfe said the Dolphins haven’t entirely ruled out bringing back Holland, the safety’s price tag is probably a little too high for the team. And both the Panthers and Titans have much more room to make a splash signing.
“The Dolphins do have interest [in keeping Holland], but from what I understand, he’ll have a very fruitful market,” Wolfe said on The Insiders on Wednesday night. “He’s expected to eclipse $15 million per year, maybe even close to $20 million per year. That may be something that’s a little rich for the Dolphins’ blood. … A couple of teams, the Titans and Panthers, I heard are potentially in the mix for him.”
Holland, who turned 25 earlier this week, joined the Dolphins as a second-round pick in the 2021 NFL draft and took over as a starter early in his rookie year. In four seasons with the team, the safety recorded five interceptions, five forced fumbles, five sacks, and nine tackles for loss.
But after finishing the 2023 season as one of only three safeties in the NFL with a PFF grade above 90 (along with Antoine Winfield and Jessie Bates), Holland had a career-worst 63.0 grade in 2024.
According to Wolfe, the Dolphins are also expected to allow veteran safety Jordan Poyer to reach free agency, leaving the team with 2024 sixth-round pick Patrick McMorris as the team’s top option on the roster at the position.