Chargers vs. Texans playoff buzz has Houston stars Stroud, Mixon unhappy-HN

The Los Angeles Chargers have been accused of having a layup of an NFL playoff game against the Houston Texans on Saturday in the wild-card round.

While Chargers players and coaches have remained nothing but respectful during the buildup to the game, a former NFL head coach went as far as suggesting the Texans are a bye for the Chargers.

Understandably, Texans players don’t seem too thrilled with how the playoff matchup continues to get portrayed in the media.

Texans star running back Joe Mixon could only laugh when asked about the “bye” comments.

“I’m just here to let my helmets and shoulder pads do the talking,” Mixon said, according to Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2. “I’m not going to comment on that.”

Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud went a little more in-depth on the topic, relaying the setting to last year’s chatter before his team whipped the Cleveland Browns in the wild-card round, 45-14.

“Noise is always going to be there,” Stroud said, per Wilson. “It’s part of sports, always evident in this sport. And they said the same thing about us last year, so playing the Browns. I’m not saying it’s last year, but we went out there did what we had to do to win. And that’s ultimately what the playoffs come down to is like it’s 14 teams now and the microscope is on you.

Unfortunately for the Chargers, even though they have said and done the right things during the build to this one, the Texans have fully embraced all of the buzz as quality bulletin-board material.

As such, Jim Harbaugh and Co. have to go on the road after a strange week of practices and take Houston’s absolute best shot against players super-motivated to quiet the detractors

Related Posts

DEAL DONE: The Green Bаy Pаckerѕ hаve fіnаlіzed а one-yeаr deаl wіth the Chіefѕ free аgent, wіth the hіghly-rаted ріck іn thіѕ drаft…G

The Greeп Bаy раckerѕ hаve mаde а ѕіgпіfіcапt move іп free аgeпcy, ѕecυrіпg а oпe-yeаr deаl worth υр to $30 mіllіoп wіth а hіghly ѕoυght-аfter Kапѕаѕ Cіty…

BREAKING NEWS: 3 Vikings Players Who Could Be Cut..anhtruc.

The Minnesota Vikings are setting the stage for a serious bid at the NFC North title next season. With Sam Darnold departing, the reins of the starting…

George Kittle donated his entire $4.7 million bonus and endorsement deal to charities and homeless relief. G

**BREAKING: George Kittle’s Hypothetical Philanthropic Gesture — A Wave of Generosity That’s Got Everyone Talking** In a speculative scenario that has captured the imagination of NFL fans…

Bills Make SHOCKING Trade With Division Rival..anhtruc.

The future of the Buffalo Bills was put to the test in a recent mock draft scenario, painting a picture of what might happen if their top…

Rafael Devers (Finally) Breaks Out Of Slump In Red Sox Win Vs Orioles. G

“We all пeeded that oпe.” That was what Red Sox maпager Alex Cora told reporters iп Baltimore after Rafael Devers coппected for his first hit this seasoп…

LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil sends a “devastating” message that severely impacts the future of Tiger Woods’ son, Charlie Woods, leaving fans outraged and calling for a boycott. G

**BREAKING: LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil’s Hypothetical Message — A Controversy That’s Got Everyone Talking** In a speculative scenario that has captured the imagination of golf fans…